Reduce your stress this new year and beyond
Is one of your aims for 2017 to reduce stress and learn to live in the moment? Many of us make resolutions like this for the new year but how do we ensure they last way beyond January and have a lasting impact on your life?
Mindfulness-based stress reduction has been clinically proven to have clear benefits for physical and mental wellbeing. Mindfulness offers a way of responding to life, so that rather than being constantly pushed and pulled by it, we can find ways of meeting our experience with more balance and ease.
Beginning in February, an eight-week mindfulness-based stress reduction course based, at the Fitzrovia Centre, will teach you how to:
- stay in touch with the present moment and be less caught up in negative thought patterns;
- develop more helpful responses to stress;
- develop your patience, persistence and a new skill for life;
- enhance an existing meditation practice;
- use simple meditation techniques which can transform daily life.
The course, led by Rowanne Mackie and Farah Govani, will be on the following Monday evenings from 6:15 - 8:45pm:
• 20 & 27 February,
• 6, 13, 20 & 27 March,
• 3 & 10 April.
There is also an optional day of practice on Saturday 1 April (10:30am - 4:30pm).
Please sign up via Eventbrite or email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org